For materials on this topic in English, Spanish, and Somali
In the past episodes this season we’ve covered the importance of building responsive caring relationships, prevention strategies and what positive behavior support looks like as an approach to teaching, and how to teach social emotional skills to young children. Now in episode five we will look at how to know when a child needs a bit more, and what to do once you’ve determined that.
Watch now: Episode 5, Addressing Challenging Behavior: Guidance and Support!
Each Circle Time Magazine episode includes an educational video delivered in a talk show format. Join us for Episode 5 to learn more about how to observe children’s behavior and create a behavior support plan, along with individualized teaching strategies.
Download your copy: Addressing Challenging Behavior: Guidance and Support!
To learn more about Positive Behavior Support (PBS) along with how to individualize teaching strategies when needed, download the print version or view the magazine online.
Dive into Books...
...with this book list to help children build social and emotional skills
Bilingual Book Recommendations:
- The Most Magnificent Thing by Ashley Spires (Spanish: La idea más maravillosa por Ashley Spires)
- Bounce Back by Cheri J. Meiners and Elizabeth Allen
- Pete the Cat: I love my White Shoes by Eric Litwin and James Dean (Spanish: Pete, el gato por Eric Litwin y James Dean)
- Hoot & Peep by Lita Judge
- Socially Strong, Emotionally Secure: 50 Activities to Promote Resilience in Young Children by Nefertiti Bruce, Karen Cairone
- More Creative Coping Skills for Children: Activities, Games, Stories, and Handouts to Help Children Self-Regulate by Bonnie Thomas
Helpful Resources—Episode 5: Environments that Support Positive Behavior
with this collection of additional reading on the main topics of each episode.
Try these Learning Activities...
and improve your practice by engaging in these activities designed to help you put your knowledge into practice.
Reflect on Bias and Behavior...
with these resources to increase your self-awareness and address unconscious biases that are likely to be impacting children in your program.
TRANSLATION NOTE: Please be aware that there might be slight discrepancies and minor differences between the posted, printed, or electronic text in English and the corresponding Spanish translation, due to the editing and updating of the different versions.
Want more of Circle Time Magazine?
We've got whole collection of episodes for you to dive into. Check out more of Positive Support Edition.